Mather Dance Center
The Mather Dance Center was originally a gymnasium built in 1907 for Flora Stone Mather College. It was later converted into the Mather Dance Center, where it now houses three studios, the largest being a glorious working space that converts into an informal theater. The wood flooring and sub-flooring provide needed resiliency for dancers. Through a generous gift from the Flora Stone Mather Alumnae Association, a new state-of-the-art triple layer basket weave sprung dance floor was installed in 2012. All studios have ample windows for natural lighting and proper ventilation. Dance has been in Mather Dance Center for over a century and has a long illustrious history.